Is this your first audition? Don't fret! Here are some helpful hints to get you the best audition possible:
1. Please enter through the audience entrance doors, located on the east side of the building.
2. Read the audition notice thouroughly and prepare all necessary materials required in the notice.
3. Arrive with enough time to fill out our audition form. Resumes and head shots are not mandatory, but welcomed.
4. Plan to spend at least 30-60 minutes at the audition.
5. Have fun and relax! Because of the intimate state of our space, we like to see how natural and charismatic you are for the audience.
6. Casting generally takes about a week so please be patient! Everyone who auditioned will get a casting notification, whether you've been cast or not.
Break a leg!
Copyright 2013 Empty Space Productions
Announcing auditions for the July production at The Empty Space...
Music by Tom Kitt
Book and Lyrics by Brian Yorkey
Directed by Tania Bandes Becerra Weingarden
Saturday and Sunday, April 22 & 23, 10am-1pm.
You must have an appointment!
Auditions will be in one-hour blocks, at 10am, 11am, and Noon.
Please prepare 16 bars of a contemporary Broadway song.
Auditions will be a capella.
Be prepared to move, and for readings from the script.
Weekday evenings, beginning May 15, with an occasional Sunday rehearsal.
Fridays and Saturdays, July 7-22 at 8pm.
With unforgettable songs and a deeply moving story by the Pulitzer Prize- and Tony Award-winning creators of Next to Normal, If/Then is a fascinating, ambitious and original new musical. If/Then simultaneously follows one woman's two possible life paths, painting a deeply moving portrait of the lives that we lead, as well as the lives that we might have led.
Elizabeth, a city planner, moves back to New York to restart her life in the city of infinite possibilities. When her carefully designed plans collide with the whims of fate, Elizabeth's life splits into two parallel paths. If/Then follows both stories simultaneously, as this modern woman faces the intersection of choice and chance.
If/Then is a contemporary Broadway musical about living in New York today and all of the possibilities of tomorrow. With a powerhouse role for a leading lady and rich and complex supporting roles, this show celebrates dynamite talent and the power of great storytelling.
For more information and roles to be cast click here!